Meet with a Certified Diabetes Educator to:
- Learn about balancing your eating and exercise patterns to help control blood sugar
- Get tips to make traveling with diabetes safer and easier
- Learn how to prevent and treat high and low blood sugar
- Make plans for managing your diabetes when you’re ill
- Simplify communication between you and your healthcare team
- Stay informed about new medications and blood sugar monitoring tools
The Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center Diabetes and Nutrition Education Program’s Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE’s) have over 50 years of combined experience working in hospital and clinic settings.
Nancy McCullough, RN, CDE developed the first diabetes education program in Vermont recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
Diabetes Education Coordinator Virginia Quinn, RD, CDE has extensive experience as a nutrition consultant with a focus on diabetes and weight management.
Schedule a clinic visit with one of our CDE’s to learn more about:
- Healthy Eating
- Staying Active
- Medication Safety
- Risk Reduction
- Problem Solving
- Healthy Coping
Diabetes Support Group
This popular support group meets the third Wednesday of each month in the boardroom at MAHHC. We review a new topic each month and feature experts in diabetes and related fields.
Our dietitian Virginia Quinn is available to give nutrition advice tailored to individual needs and provide guidance to help you reach your health and weight goals.
Upcoming Diabetes Support Groups 2017
May 17th - Keeping Your Eyes Healthy
Dr. Peter Lapre
MAHHC Opthalmology Clinic
June 21st - Diabetes and Your Feet
Dr. Jeffrey King
MAHHC Podiatry Clinic
All groups meet in the Mt. Ascutney Hospital Boardroom from 10:30 am - 11:30 a.m. Free and Open to the Public. Bring a Friend!