Our community hospital is small with an emphasis on personalized individual care. Approximately 1200 surgical procedures are performed annually at Mt. Ascutney Hospital. Experienced and highly skilled surgeons work with an expert team of anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, perioperative nurses, and support staff to ensure that our patients receive the best surgical treatments and procedures.
At Mt. Ascutney Hospital we pride ourselves on providing individualized care before, during, and after your stay with us.Our goal is to reassure you with the necessary preoperative teaching and instruction so you can arrive at the hospital prepared and informed about your procedure. During the surgery our experienced anesthesia staff will monitor you, while our entire operative team works together to ensure a safe and optimal outcome.
After your procedure, your care will include pain management, comfort measures, and post-op teaching with written and verbal discharge instructions. We also follow up with a phone call to make certain all your questions are answered and you are recovering as expected.
For more information about our Surgical Services, please call (802) 674-7218.
We provide surgical care for patients over the age of two in the following surgical specialties:
- Regional Blocks
- General Anesthesia
- Local Monitored by Anesthesia
Assistance with Pain Clinic Procedures (Back & Leg Pain)
- Medial Branch
- Epidural Injections
- Nerve Ablation
- Cataract removal with lens implantation
- PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy)
- Laparoscopic gallbladder removal
- Appendectomy (laparoscopic as well as open)
- Hemorrhoidectomy (traditional and PPH)
- Hernia repair (laparoscopic as well as open with plug)
- Laparoscopic Nissenfundiplication (for gastric reflux)
Breast surgery for benign and cancerous disease, breast conservation surgery,
mastectomy, sentinal lymph node biopsy, breast biopsy
- Colon resection
- Surgery of spleen
- Surgery of stomach and small intestines
- Wound care including surgical debridement
- Digital Amputations
- Orthroplasty of Lesser Digits
- Osteotomy Fracture Repair
- Hammertoe Repair