Be Tobacco Free
The primary goal of this program is to identify and refer tobacco users to easily accessible tobacco cessation services:
- Tobacco cessation classes
- One-to-one coaching (in-person or phone)
- One-to-one coaching through the VT Quit Line (phone)
- Access to nicotine replacement therapy (nrt)
Tobacco Cessation Classes
Ongoing Group Class: Windsor Connection Resource Center, Tuesdays at 1 p.m. Please call (802-674-7089) or e-mail CHO@mahhc.org to preregister. Tobacco cessation classes are based on the American Cancer Society's Fresh Start Program. Classes meet once a week for 4 weeks. Class highlights are:
- group support
- help deciding if and what type of nrt is right for you
- Session 3 is quit day!
- other health related topics like healthy eating, finding more time to be active, stress management
- FREE Nicotine Replacement products (patches, gum, lozenges) to eligible Vermonters
If you are unable to come to a tobacco cessation class, meet with a quit coach in-person or over the phone.
Vermont Quit Line: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669)
A quit coach will call at a time that works for you. Your coach will help you get ready to quit, and will give you tips, advice and support to help you stay quit. They'll even help out if you've had a relapse and want to try again.
Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy
The Vermont Quit Network offers FREE nicotine replacement therapy (NRT--patches, gum or lozenges) to eligible Vermonters. These NRTproducts are delivered to your home for FREE. In order to be eligible, the individual must be uninsured or enrolled in the Vermont Health Access Plan (VHAP), Medicaid or Medicare. Some Blue Cross Blue Shield of VT, Cigna and MVP plans qualify for eligibility (co-pay may apply). In addition, you must be engaged in tobacco cessation classes, one-to-one counseling, or Quit Line counseling.