Meet with a Certified Diabetes Educator to:
- Learn about balancing your eating and exercise patterns to help control blood sugar
- Get tips to make traveling with diabetes safer and easier
- Learn how to prevent and treat high and low blood sugar
- Make plans for managing your diabetes when you’re ill
- Simplify communication between you and your healthcare team
- Stay informed about new medications and blood sugar monitoring tools
The Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center Diabetes and Nutrition Education Program's Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) have over 50 years of combined experience working in the hospital and clinic settings.
Schedule a clinic visit with one of our CDE's to learn more about:
- Healthy coping
- Healthy eating
- Medication safety
- Risk reduction
- Staying active
Diabetes Support Group
This popular support group meets the third Wednesday of each month in the boardroom at MAHHC. We review a new topic each month and feature experts in diabetes and related fields.
Our dietitian is available to give nutrition advice tailored to individual needs and provide guidance to help you reach your health and weight goals.
Upcoming Diabetes Support Groups
All groups meet in the Mt. Ascutney Hospital Boardroom from 10:30 to 11:30 am. Free and open to the public. Bring a friend!