Gifts of Bequests, Retirement, Life Insurance, & Endowments

Person filling out a life insurance form

When we reflect on our lives, our focus often shifts to our loved ones' futures and the story we want to leave behind. By creating important estate planning documents, such as a will, you can take control of these decisions today. You can include plans for charitable gifts that offer financial benefits for you and your family while supporting the important work of Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center.

Bequests and other estate gifts

Leave a legacy by including a gift to MAHHC in your estate plans.

A simple way to make a gift to MAHHC is through your will or living trust, which allows you to support our mission without giving up assets during your lifetime. If you include MAHHC in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID:

Legal Name: Windsor Hospital Corporation
Address: 289 County Road, Windsor, VT 05089
Federal Tax ID Number: #03-0183721

Have you already included Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center in your will or trust? Please share this good news by filling out the Planned Gift form.

What to write in an obituary

If you wish to invite friends and family to make memorial contributions to MAHHC, please include the following address in the obituary:

MAHHC Office of Development
289 County Road
Windsor, VT 05089

Beneficiary designation

Passionate about supporting MAHHC even after your lifetime? It's easy to do with a beneficiary designation. Just name MAHHC as a beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy by filling out a change-of-beneficiary form, which is readily available from your retirement account administrator, or insurance company or agent. You can review and adjust beneficiary designations anytime you want.

IRA Charitable Rollover (Qualified Charitable Distribution)

If you are 70½ years old or older, you can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to MAHHC without having to pay income taxes on the money. Direct rollovers to MAHHC can be made only from an IRA. Under certain circumstances, however, you may be able to roll assets from a pension, profit-sharing, 401(k), or 403(b) plan into an IRA, and then make the transfer from the IRA to MAHHC. To determine if a rollover to an IRA is available for your plan, speak with your plan administrator.  If you have a spouse (as defined by the IRS) who is 70½ or older and has an IRA, he or she can also give up to $100,000 from his or her IRA.

Why consider this gift?

  • If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
  • You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
  • Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the differences your donation is making.


You can continue to change lives and improve health and wellness long after your lifetime, creating a legacy of support for MAHHC and those we serve.

How it works:

  • You give cash, securities, or other assets to an existing endowment or an endowment you create at MAHHC. If you can't give up assets today, consider making the gift in your will or other estate plan, specifying that you would like your gift to fund an endowment.
  • You determine if your endowment will support a specific program or service, or provide unrestricted funds, allowing our Board of Trustees to direct the funds to the most critical needs.
  • Each year, we use a portion of the interest earned by the fund, usually about 4%, to support our mission. However, the balance always remains invested in order to perpetuate the fund.