Our rehabilitation facility is
For more than 25 years, Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center has been widely recognized and respected for its comprehensive and compassionate rehabilitative care.
We provide care to patients who need intensive or ongoing rehabilitation services from:
- Chronic disease
- Neurological disorders
View our performance outcomes:
Our inpatient and outpatient Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine Programs are the first choice of hospitals and healthcare providers throughout Vermont and central New Hampshire.
One of only two acute rehabilitation programs in Vermont, Mt. Ascutney Hospital offers the most advanced patient-centered services in a comfortable and easily accessible facility. In July 2015 we opened a new state-of-the-art inpatient facility to further enhance the intensive and personalized rehabilitative therapy and care offered by our highly-skilled staff.
Your rehabilitation and recovery will require hard work, persistence and patience. At Mt. Ascutney Hospital, we’re committed to helping you reach your highest level of recovery. Your own personalized team of skilled specialists from diverse disciplines will be on hand to support and encourage you at every stage along the way.
Mt. Ascutney Hospital's Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine Programs offer:
- Extensive inpatient and outpatient facilities including the Miller Therapeutic Pool for aquatic physical therapy
- A team of experienced doctors and therapists, most with specialized training and certification in rehabilitation therapy and care
- Care that addresses all aspects of recovery including emotional and social support, family involvement and education
- Treatment for the full range of conditions ranging from stroke and cardiopulmonary disease to recovery from significant neurological or orthopaedic illness or injury
- Acute rehabilitation programs that are fully accredited by CARF, the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
A community of healing
As the Rehabilitation Center's expert staff helps you rebuild strength and mobility, we build lasting relationships with you. Every year, we invite graduates of our program back for the Rehabilitation Reunion to share food, stories, and each other's company. In 2022, staff members and former patients gathered to celebrate 30 years since our first annual reunion.
"To improve the lives of those we serve by using an interdisciplinary team approach to help every patient achieve the highest possible level of functional independence and quality of life."