We are proud to be a full service, critical access community hospital serving the central Vermont towns of Windsor and Woodstock, and surrounding communities in Vermont and New Hampshire.
Home of the region's most advanced inpatient Rehabilitation Center, high-tech diagnostics, and state-of-the-art surgical care, we're focused on providing high-quality health, medical, and wellness services to the people we serve. And because we are a member of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health system, our patients also have seamless access to world-class specialists whenever they need it.
We are committed to environmentally sustainable practices. These include ways to reduce, re-use, and recycle a variety of materials. Through solar energy production, installation of energy-efficient lighting, and upgrades to cooling and heating systems, we earned the Energy Star designation in 2018. We continually look for new ways to be more sustainable while providing a healthy environment for our patients, visitors, and staff.
Why Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center?
Twenty-five years ago, it was not unusual for patients in rural communities to travel long distances to urban health centers for what they believed would be high quality, more comprehensive medical care.
All that's changed. Many of today’s rural community hospitals can now offer more services and specialties than ever before, with care quality that often rivals the most renowned medical centers by becoming a part of a greater health care system.
That’s especially true for Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center (MAHHC). Today, MAHHC includes Mt. Ascutney Hospital in Windsor, and Ottauquechee Health Center in Woodstock, and both are affiliated with the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health system. We provide communities across the Upper Valley with primary care as well as specialty services.
What does this mean for you?
It means that, whether you’re an inpatient or outpatient at MAHHC, you can be confident that you’ll receive the best care possible from a dedicated, experienced staff of medical professionals who employ the latest diagnostic, treatment and communication technology to ensure positive outcomes. And, because of our affiliation with the Dartmouth-Hitchcock system, you will also have enhanced access to advanced specialty care should you need it.
Telecommunications is revolutionizing care across the nation, and here at MAHHC we have enthusiastically embraced the possibilities. In 2016 we inaugurated TeleEmergency Services, allowing staff in our Emergency Department to consult in real-time with other specialists through a two-way, high-definition audio/video link. This is life-saving technology that also allows fast transfer of critically ill patients by ambulance or by the DHART helicopter.
Expanding our specialties
In the last few years, MAHHC has made a concerted effort to provide more rehabilitation services in response to community demand. Between 2014 and 2016 we constructed a new acute Rehabilitation Center, which also houses inpatient and outpatient gyms and a therapeutic rehabilitation pool. We’re also expanding our gastroenterology and general surgery specialties onsite.
Award-winning care is just around the corner
As CEO and Chief Medical Officer of MAHHC, I take special pride in the fact that our small community hospital has been widely recognized for quality and innovation – attributes that affirm our reputation as a health care steward for our community. I invite you to read about some of these awards and accreditations:
- MAHHC is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) with Level 3 status, the highest level of medical home designation for delivering quality.
- The Acute Rehabilitation Center is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- In 2016, the National Rural Health Association awarded MAHHC a "Best Practice" recognition for health care quality. It is granted to hospitals that have achieved high-performance ratings based on categories including heart failure, pneumonia, congestive heart failure, surgical care improvement, outpatient care, and others.
- The American Hospital Association has named MAHHC one of the nation’s “Most Wired” hospitals, in recognition of our successful adoption of information technology to boost clinical performance. MAHHC has invested significantly in IT, because we recognize its potential for helping improve our operations and patient care.
- In 2015, MAHHC was awarded Stage 6 recognition by HIMSS Analytics, a Chicago-based health care consulting firm for our achievements in Electronic Health Record adoption (EHR). Currently, only 13% of hospitals in the United States carry the Stage 6 designation from HIMSS.
- Mt. Ascutney Hospital is a recipient of the national Foster G. McGaw Prize for Excellence in Community Service, one of the most prestigious awards in healthcare.
We are active in promoting community health
Mt. Ascutney Hospital is a leader and member of the Windsor HSA Coordinated Care Committee, Windsor Area Community Partnerships, PATCH team and Blueprint for Health, Windsor Area Drug Task Force, Mt. Ascutney Prevention Partners, Windsor Connection Resource Center and others, which bring local community leaders and health organizations together for the well-being of everyone.
Our organization, together with other key health care partners serving the Upper Valley Region, recently completed an update to its Community Health Needs Assessment. The purpose of the assessment was to identify community health concerns, priorities and opportunities for community health and health care delivery systems improvement.
These community survey results point us towards offering specific and numerous programs and workshops designed to improve and support healthy behaviors and lifestyles for everyone in our community. We encourage you to look to Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center for information and guidance on health-related issues for all ages.
We are right here for you
Our expert staff is proud to deliver the high quality, compassionate care our communities deserve. Whatever your needs, we’re ready to help. I invite you to spend some time exploring our website, getting to know our many programs. If you have any questions, reach out and let us know. And if you are at MAHHC or Ottauquechee Health Center, be sure to ask us in person about programs and services that interest you. All of us are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for you and your family. You’re why we’re here.
Joseph Perras, MD
President, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Medical Officer
Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center