If you're curious about a career in health care, or if you'd just like to make a difference for patients in our community, then we invite you to join Daring to Care, the student volunteer program at Mt. Ascutney Hospital. This seven week program is offered during the summer each year and is open to junior and senior high school students in the Upper Valley area.
As a Daring to Care volunteer, you’ll learn firsthand what it’s like to work in a busy, modern hospital, assisting patients, families and staff every day – and gaining experience that will enhance your high school resume and college application. Daring to Care volunteers attend classes in basic health care skills such as communication, confidentiality, and more. Following 15 hours of classroom work, students then have the opportunity to volunteer for rotations in various hospital departments and long-term care settings. What a great way to “test drive” a health care career, meet new friends, and make a difference for others!
As a Daring to Care volunteer, you will
- Experience the health care field first-hand
- Learn CPR, infection control and other clinical skills
- Speak to and learn from experienced professionals
- Help people in need
- Explore different health care career options
- Earn community service credits for graduation
For more information, email our Daring to Care coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to apply?
Please complete the online application form. Your information will be sent to the Mt. Ascutney Daring to Care team for review.
- Application deadline is May 2, 2023
- Students will be notified of acceptance into the program by May 13, 2023
- Space is limited to 8 students