Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA) provides a variety of community resources, including the following programs:
- Housing Assistance Program: Family Services / Crisis Intervention – provides crisis resolution services for housing, fuel, clothing and food; homelessness prevention; housing stabilization; Food Stamp outreach; budget counseling; information & referral; and case management services.
- Head Start – provides a full spectrum of comprehensive early child development and family support services for pre-school children and their families, with the goal of enhancing the social competence, school readiness, and later academic success of children.
- Home repair – provides emergency home repair for low-income homeowners to ensure that they and their families have safe, healthy, secure, warm, energy-efficient, and accessible places in which to live.
- Economic development – The Micro Business Development program provides training, technical assistance, counseling and mentoring for start-up, retention and expansion of small businesses for low-to-moderate income entrepreneurs to enable them to be self-sufficient; Individual Development Accounts provide matched asset building accounts enabling low-income individuals to achieve financial goals such as homeownership, education, and business start-up and expansion; Workforce Development provides job retention supports, and job skills training and work experience for incumbent and unemployed disadvantaged and dislocated workers; and Tax Preparation Assistance helps low-to-moderate income residents obtain income tax refunds and Earned Income Tax Credits.
- “Good Buy” thrift stores – provides clothing, furniture, and household goods at affordable prices for all, or at no cost through the use of vouchers for those unable to pay. Store locations in Bellows Falls, Springfield, and White River Junction.
- Weatherization – provides home energy audits, heating system repairs and replacements, and a full spectrum of energy conservation improvements at no cost to low-to-moderate income households, and at a reasonable price to higher-income households on a fee-for-service basis.
SEVCA Main Office
91 Buck Drive
Westminster, VT 05158
(802) 722-4575 or (800) 464-9951