Do you want to quit tobacco, e-cigs, vaping or nicotine?
QUIT FOR FREE, join a FREE Quit Group!
Join a Quit Group or meet with your own personal Quit Coach.
Date: Every Monday
Location: Windsor Recreation Center, 29 Union St., Windsor, VT
Time: 5:30 to 6:30 pm
To register: Call Sarah Doyle at (802) 674-7089. Walk-ins welcome!
Here’s a perk: School age children are welcome to come and hang out in the gym area and play while parents are in a Quit Group.
Or meet with your own personal Quit Coach to talk about smoking, quitting, staying quit, and all the challenges in between, in a non-judgmental, friendly environment. Talk about quitting smoking, chewing tobacco, E-Cigs, or Vaping. This is the most important step you can take to live a longer and healthier life.
Quitting can be tough, but you don’t have to do it alone.
Here’s another perk: If you come to a Quit Group, then you can use the Windsor Recreation facilities to workout either before or after the class.
What are the benefits of quitting?
- 20 minutes after quitting: Your heart rate and blood pressure will drop
- 12 hours after quitting: Your blood oxygen level returns to normal
- 2 to 3 weeks after quitting: Your breathing and circulation improves
- 1 to 9 months after quitting: Your coughing and shortness of breath decreases
- 1 year after quitting: Your risk of heart disease is cut in half and your risk of heart attack dramatically drops
- 2 to 5 years of quitting: Your risk of stroke is reduced to that of a non-smoker
As well as...
- Your breath will smell better
- Your teeth will get whiter
- Your clothes and hair will smell better
- Your food will taste better