Do you want to quit tobacco, e-cigs, vaping or nicotine?
QUIT FOR FREE, join a FREE Quit Group!
The VT Quit Network offers quit planning and support for a tobacco-free life. One-on-one counseling or group classes held throughout the year. For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator at (802) 289-0045.
Quitting can be tough, but you don’t have to do it alone.
What are the benefits of quitting?
- 20 minutes after quitting: Your heart rate and blood pressure will drop
- 12 hours after quitting: Your blood oxygen level returns to normal
- 2 to 3 weeks after quitting: Your breathing and circulation improves
- 1 to 9 months after quitting: Your coughing and shortness of breath decreases
- 1 year after quitting: Your risk of heart disease is cut in half and your risk of heart attack dramatically drops
- 2 to 5 years of quitting: Your risk of stroke is reduced to that of a non-smoker
As well as...
- Your breath will smell better
- Your teeth will get whiter
- Your clothes and hair will smell better
- Your food will taste better