Our community hospital is small with an emphasis on personalized individual care. Over 1600 surgical procedures are performed annually at Mt. Ascutney Hospital. Experienced and highly skilled surgeons work with an expert team of anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, perioperative nurses and support staff to ensure that our patients receive the best surgical treatments and procedures.
We pride ourselves on providing individualized care before, during, and after your stay with us. Our goal is to reassure you with the necessary preoperative teaching and instruction so you can arrive at the hospital prepared and informed about your procedure. During the surgery, our experienced anesthesia staff will monitor you, while our entire operative team works together to ensure a safe and optimal outcome.
After your procedure, your care will include pain management, comfort measures, and post-op teaching with written and verbal discharge instructions. We also follow up with a phone call to make certain all your questions are answered and you are recovering as expected.
Patient cost is determined by insurance authorization and plan coverage. For more information, contact Mt. Ascutney Hospital at (802) 674-6711 or speak to your primary care provider.
For more information about preparing for your doctor's visit or hospital stay, see Your visit.
We provide surgical care for patients over the age of sixteen. Please see our list of surgical specialties that include procedures such as:
- General anesthesia
- Local monitored by anesthesia
- Regional blocks
Assistance with Pain Clinic procedures (back and leg pain)
- Epidural injections
- Nerve ablation
- Medial branch
- Cataract removal with lens implantation
- PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy)
- Appendectomy (laparoscopic as well as open)
- Breast surgery for benign and cancerous disease, breast conservation surgery,
mastectomy, sentinal lymph node biopsy, breast biopsy
- Colon resection
- Hemorrhoidectomy (traditional and PPH)
- Hernia repair (laparoscopic as well as open) remove with plug
- Laparoscopic gallbladder removal
- Laparoscopic Nissen fundiplication (for gastric reflux)
- Surgery of spleen
- Surgery of stomach and small intestines
- Wound care including surgical debridement
- Arthroplasty of lesser digits
- Digital amputations
- Hammertoe repair
- Osteotomy fracture repair
- Biopsy of bladder or prostate
- Lithotripsy with ESWL (extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy)
- Stent insertion and removal
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor
- Transurethral resection of the prostate
- Ureteroscopy with stone extraction