Is your family growing?... and growing!
Let's face it, busy moms and dads don't have a lot of time on their hands, but when it comes to their child's health, finding superior care is a top priority. Whether you are welcoming your firstborn into the world or bringing your teen in for a yearly check-up, you can count on finding personal care, close-to-home, in two convenient locations. We offers pediatric care in both Windsor and Woodstock, VT.
Our Pediatrics Department offers skilled, compassionate pediatric care from cradle through college. Our team places a strong emphasis on the whole child, focusing on all aspects of wellness from nutrition to behavior and development.
We follow the Vermont Family Based Approach (FVBA) model, created by Dr. James Hudziak of the Vermont Center for Children, Youth and Families at the University of Vermont. Committed to building lasting connections with you and your child, our staff offers a holistic, family-focused approach to wellness, to help your child be well and stay well from the start.
Learn more about our approach to pediatric care:
For the convenience of expectant parents, our Pediatrics Department also offers complimentary prenatal visits to give parents an opportunity to choose a provider for their baby.
For more information about preparing for your doctor's visit or hospital stay, see Your visit.
Teens and underage drinking
Community members can keep our kids safe by:
- Visiting Parent Up Vermont for good parenting tips
- Sharing information on the “Text a Tip” system, a way for all to report underage drinking parties before they happen (no penalty for prevention!) or for teens to “text for help” if they find themselves at a party and in an uncomfortable situation: 1 (802) 41-SAFE-2 or 1 (802) 417-2332
Patient support and education
Use these links to find more helpful information about parenting:
- CDC Essentials for Parenting Toddlers and Preschoolers - Articles, tips, and videos
- CDC Vaccine Questions and Answers - Answers to frequently asked questions about vaccines
- The Incredible Years - Evidence-based programs for parents, children, and teachers
- The History of Vaccines - Timelines, activities, and articles about vaccines
- Parent Up Vermont - Resources for talking to your child about substance abuse
- Triple P - Positive Parenting Program - Online parenting programs
- Yale Parenting Center - Parenting news, articles, and tips