For urgent, non-emergency medical needs, Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center offers Walk-In Services with no appointment necessary for people ages 2 and up.
Monday through Friday, 1 to 5 pm
In case of a medical emergency
- Call 911, or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room for immediate medical attention.
- Notify your family doctor (primary care provider, or PCP) as soon as possible.
- Get directions
With Walk-In Services, we can help take care of bumps, bruises, minor broken bones, illnesses, and more, typically with shorter wait times and lower insurance co-pays than Emergency Department care. In a walk-in setting, we can diagnose and treat conditions including:
- Cold/flu symptoms
- Cuts/minor lacerations
- Minor burns
- Urinary tract infections
- Minor fractures
- Ear and eye infections
- Sutures and suture removal
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Simple removal of foreign bodies like splinters
Because we’re located at the Hospital, you have access to our X-ray and lab services right on site.
How to check in
Go to Central Registration at the Hospital Main Entrance to check in. At check in, same-day appointment availability will be determined, and your condition will be evaluated to determine if your symptoms indicate you should visit the Emergency Department or Walk-In Services.