Mt. Ascutney Hospital offers a wide range of outpatient physical therapy services aimed at providing exceptional care.
We offer physical therapy for a multitude of diagnoses and problems including:
- Balance disorders
- Lymphedema and swelling
- Musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- Neurological disorders (such as stroke and brain injury)
- Pelvic pain and dysfunction
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Sports injuries
- Work-related injuries
Some of our featured outpatient physical therapy treatments include:
- Aquatic therapy uses the weightless environment of a pool to enable patients to perform exercises that may be difficult or even impossible out of the water. The warm water relaxes joints and limbs for exercise with little or no discomfort.
- Bioness lower extremity electrical stimulation orthotic uses mild electrical stimulation with an orthotic to decrease muscle spasms and improve lower extremity limb function.
- Lymphedema treatment improves function and reduces or eliminates swelling associated with lymphedema. At Mt. Ascutney Hospital, therapists incorporate the Vodder therapeutic massage technique and wrapping for lymphedema treatment.
- Postural restoration is a unique treatment approach that uses both hands-on techniques and exercises to address postural patterns and muscular imbalances associated with conditions such as scoliosis and other musculoskeletal dysfunctions.
We have physical therapists and physical therapy assistants who have developed expertise in many specialty areas such as Manual Lymph Drainage, Pelvic health and rehabilitation, Bioness fitting and training, Parkinson's disease treatment, Dry Needling, and Postural Restoration.
Outpatient Physical Therapies are located at the Hospital, with improved parking access and registration using the Miller Pool entrance, located around the corner from the main entrance.